1. Watch the sunset on Carter's Mountain Join Carter's Mountain Orchard on Thursdays to watch the sun set. They are located just 10 minutes from Cavalier Crossing.
2. Fridays After Five Visit the Downtown Mall every Friday after 5pm for free live music at The Pavilion.
3. Go Tubing on the James River Relaxing and floating down the river is the perfect way to welcome summer!
4. Visit Monticello Less than five miles from property, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello is great to learn about his historical impact on Charlottesville.
5. Check out the City Market Held every Saturday near Water and South Street with an enormous variety of vendors. From fruits and vegetables, art, freshly prepared food, and samples there is something for everyone.
We hope our residents had an amazing spring break and created memories that will last a lifetime. Now to gear back into reality and to help our residents finish this semester off on a positive note, we have our computer lab and study area open along with popcorn and coffee to get you through finals week!
Now that spring is in full bloom, it is the perfect time to take advantage of this beautiful weather. Take a dip in our resort-style swimming pool, relax with your friends on our sundeck, or get active on the volleyball courts!
Most people don’t want to spend their time in the sun sweating to get bathing suit ready, so here are some fast and easy workouts you can do right at home!
20 minute Workout:
# of Seconds Exercises
60s Jumping Jacks
30s Jump Squats
60s Mountain Climbers
30s Jump Lunges
60s Plank Jacks
30s Lateral Lunges w/ a hop
30s Close Grip Pushups
60s High knees
30s Plie Jump Squats
60s Butt Kickers
30s Leg Raises
30s Arm Raises (Plank)
*Do this twice for a quick 20 minute workout!
High-Intensity Interval Training is a great way to get your heart rate up and those calories burning fast. Here are a couple examples of HIIT workouts you can do in 25 minutes between making breakfast and soaking in the sun!